Wednesday 31 August 2016

The Dream Dress

I have been lusting after this dress ever since I saw it on Megan's instagram, actually I lust after pretty much everything she wears (major girl crush) but I didn't want to splash out for it full price. The other day, when I was browsing ASOS for anything crochet, I noticed it was in the sale, and in my size, so I put it straight in my basket and it came the next day (sorry mum).


Honestly, when I first tried it on, I wasn't sure whether or not I liked it or if it suited me. Do you ever try something on plain faced, and then as soon as you put a bit of makeup on it looks about ten times better? Well, that definitely happened with this dress, some black eyeliner, a choker (of course), trainers and a leather jacket, I was good to go.


I wore this dress yesterday when I went to Bridlington with my friends, and it's fair to say we all got a little bit sun burnt, but it was worth it. I just paired it with my trusty black Adidas trainers - I would've gone with my converse but I was in a rush and couldn't find them. I did throw my black denim jacket in the boot of the car, but never had need of it. The bag I used is a very old one from H&M that I've had for years and is a bit battered, but it just goes so perfectly with anything and I haven't found an alternative that's nearly as good.


My sunglasses are from RayBan and are my new babies, I will probably do a blog post solely dedicated to them as I love them so much. (Before you mention it Dad, I will do the drive - stop nagging!)



We had so much fun in Bridlington; chilling on the beach; going paddling in the sea then running away when the waves came too high; exploring the arcades and attempting one too many times to win a Marvel cuddly toy, but failing. It's so nice to hang out with friends, and just forget about everything else, and going back to your childhood in a way. We were having a discussion about how much of a shame it is that places like Bridlington, and other beach towns on the east coast, are becoming a bit dishevelled, when 25 or so years ago, they would have been peak holiday destinations. Personally, on a day like this, there's no better place to be, and with no better company. 







Cheers to my sis, and Jonny, for being my photographers for the day x

No comments:

Post a Comment