Sunday 1 May 2016

Lipstick Lovin'

Hey everyone.

Today I thought I’d just do a quick roundup of my lipstick collection, some good some not so good, and include some swatches for you all. 

First up I have a few MAC lipsticks, and the shades that I own are Smoked Purple (deep eggplant purple), Whirl (dirty rose), and Flat Out Fabulous (bright plum matte). All of these shades are in either the matte or retro matte formula.


I tend to have quite dry lips as a general rule so these aren’t the best, but I love the shades so much. One thing I actually dislike about all the MAC lipsticks I own is the scent. I can’t quite describe it, if you have MAC lipstick you’ll know what I mean, but it really doesn’t appeal to me.

Moving on to some more affordable brands, I have 3 of the Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butters in the shades Crème Brulée (nude), Red Velvet (deep red) and Sorbet (bright barbie pink). These are super comfortable on the lips and very nicely pigmented, I would really recommend these to anyone.


The rest of my collection is a bit all over the place so I’m going to sort them by shade rather than brand. For nudes I have L'oreal’s Infallible Mega Gloss in the shade Amen (matte nude), Topshop’s matte lipstick in the shade Boardroom (muted brown) and Soap and Glory’s Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss in the shade Bare Enough (very sheer nude pink). One problem I seem to have with all Topshop matte lip products is that they are never matte, they have more of a sheen finish and feel a bit slippery when you are applying them. I would, however, really recommend the Loreal product as it dries down very matte, but isn’t too drying, and I think this shade is lovely.


I don’t own many pinks or coral lipsticks but I have one Barry M lipstick in the shade 153, which is a very nice blue-toned pink, the Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer in the shade Melon Pop, which is a lovely coral and perfect for spring/summer (I know, it’s not looking likely), and Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 38 which is another coral nude. 



Last but not least, I have reds and berry shades. I have Revlon’s Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red which does what it says on the tin and is a lovely true red, Rimmel’s Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107 (pink/berry shade) - this lipstick smells of watermelon which is an added bonus - and Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution Lipstick in Glastonberry (berry purple).


This last one is definitely an investment, luckily my mum kindly got it for me as a Christmas present, but I personally think there are decent high street alternatives to this range. I’m not sure if it’s just my lips but I found this shade to be quite patchy and it didn’t wear very well at all. But the packaging is beautiful, so swings and roundabouts! If you have any lipstick recommendations, let me know in the comments down below!


Votre Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment