Sunday 29 May 2016

NYX Newness: Review

So my local Boots in Leeds has recently put in a massive NYX display, and I mean massive. They have pretty much every NYX product a girl could want, and as everyone has been raving about the Soft Matte Lip Creams, I thought I would give in to the hype and try them out. The shades I got were Moscow (navy blue) and Prague (blue-toned pink). A lot of the more neutral, popular shades were sold old but that didn't bother me too much, because I have plenty of nudes.


So I'll start off with the shade 'Moscow' because I've been wanting a navy matte lip cream ever since seeing the Kat Von D version look so good on so many people, but I didn't want to fork out too much money for it in case I didn't like it on me. I saw that NYX did one in that shade, so I grabbed it straight away, and at only £5.50, it is a bargain. However, I found that it came out quite patchy and took forever to dry down to a matte finish, and even then it smudged very easily on my lips. The applicator also isn't the best, and feels kind of spiky when you apply the lip cream. I am going to continue to play around with it though, because I really want to make this shade work, so you might be seeing a possible make-up look on this if I'm successful.



The second shade of the two, Prague, is by far my favourite. I don't have a shade like it in my collection and it is really flattering on, That being said, I experienced the same problems as with the first shade. Although this wasn't as patchy, it smudged around my lips when I went out for a meal with my friends, which isn't ideal. These definitely aren't drying, but in a way I would prefer them to be slightly as at least they wouldn't move around as much. I do think this is a really nice shade for summer, and will continue to wear it, but just make sure to carry it around your handbag, as it will definitely need reapplying,



Overall, I was slightly disappointed with this product, as there was so much hype surrounding it, but I don't know if I'm just being picky. I would definitely recommend checking out your local NYX counter though as they do have an amazing colour collection, and the more nude colours seem to have a better reputation. Let me know if you've tried any and what you think of them!

Votre Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment