Thursday 5 May 2016

April Favourites: Beauty and more..

I can’t believe it’s the end of April already – a slightly terrifying thought as I now have less than a month of university left! It’s hard to condense all the things I’ve been loving this month into one post, but I’m gonna do my best!


Beauty

First I’ll start with the beauty items that have not left my face or my handbag for the past 30 days. I recently bought the Estée Lauder Perfectionist foundation, I’d say in the past few weeks, but I’ve had a sample since the beginning of April – they give really generous sample sizes! This foundation is just lovely – super dewy, really nice medium coverage. I suffer with dry skin and, although this foundation doesn’t hide it completely, my skin doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all throughout the day – it’s just an all-round great product. 


The second make-up product I haven’t stopped using since I got it is the Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave palette – created and designed by British Beauty Blogger Jane Cunningham! This palette is simply stunning – I could stare at it all day, I wouldn’t, but I could. Admittedly some of the eyeshadows don’t have a great colour pay-off, but for the under £10 price tag, you can’t really complain. On a day-to-day basis I like to use the shades Buffer and Drama Queen to define my crease, and just sweep Latte all over the lid, but with this palette, the possibilities really are endless.



Along the same lines as the foundation, I’ve loved having very dewy and fresh-looking make-up throughout the whole of April, and am a massive fan of highlighter. My highlighter of choice this month, and of all time, is the Glow highlighter by Topshop in the shade Polished, which is a lovely champagne colour with a bit of a pink iridescence to it. I’m surprised I haven’t heard more people rave about this, it’s a great dupe for MAC’s strobe cream.




My next favourite isn’t actually on my face in the picture above, but if you read my last blog post, you’ll have seen MAC’s Whirl make an appearance, if you haven’t, then you should! This is a very recent favourite of mine but, dare I say it, it’s becoming a Holy Grail item. It’s a perfect taupy brown, and doesn’t feel too drying or chalky on the lips, like some MAC lipsticks tend to do – I am in love. Don’t be surprised if it makes it into next month’s favourites as well.




Skincare

As for skincare, I never really change things up that much, but I’ve had an old favourite making its way back into my routine this month, and that is the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. I actually bought this a while ago but fell out of love with it and gave it to my sister. When I was at her flat recently, I realised she wasn’t using it, and my lips have been super dry lately, so I thought I’d steal it back. It is a really hydrating, intense balm with quite a thick formula, and has quite a luxurious feel to it, so I usually use this quite liberally at night time, then just apply a thin layer throughout the day as and when I need it and it seems to do the trick!



Fashion

Moving on to a fashion favourite of mine, this hoody from Topshop – oh my god this is so fluffy inside, it’s unbelievable. The downside is that it tends to get fluff on everything else, but I can deal with it. This hoody is perfect for days when you want to just chill out, so I usually pair it with leggings or skinny jeans. The colour is a super nice faded pink which I just find really flattering, and it falls really nicely too. I’m quite petite so sometimes hoodies can drown me or look too boxy, but this does neither, definitely a new wardrobe staple.



Everything else

Music-wise I’ve rekindled my love for Jamie XX’s album ‘In Colour’, it’s just so chilled, and I really like the vibe of this album. I have a slight addiction to Netflix, definitely an unhealthy one, and one show that I would totally recommend is a Netflix Original called ‘Love’. I don’t want to give any spoilers, but it is really awesome, also features some darn good music. It’s also perfect to binge on, but you didn’t hear that from me. I went to see Captain America: Civil War last week, it was insanely good, and definitely makes the cut as well. Let me know what your April Favourites were down in the comments.

Votre Amy x


No comments:

Post a Comment