Thursday 2 June 2016

May Favourites 2016

So we've come to the end of May, which means the start of summer, if we are so lucky. It also means that it's May Favourites time.


Beauty

Beauty-wise I've been loving a couple of things, some old and some new. One of the new products that has made it's way to my favourites is this Skin Wow illuminating 3-in-1 product by Seventeen. I personally use this under my foundation as an illuminating primer, but you can mix it in with your base or use it as a highlighter on the high points of your face. Although this looks quite glittery and scary when you swatch it, once you put your foundation over the top it just adds a really nice, natural glow, which I have been loving. 


I recently used this Clinique Chubby Stick in Ample Amber in a make-up look, which you can check out here, so I won't go on too much about it. I just really love the shade and think it really compliments my eye colour, and looks good with a tan as well! 


My sister got me this Bobbi Brown palette for Christmas a few years ago, and it really is stunning, especially the glitter shades. But this month I've been using it for another purpose. I use the two brown shades to define my eyebrows, as it adds a natural but neat finish.



This nail varnish is an old favourite of mine, but I recently been reaching for it more and more often. My nails are slightly chipped in this picture, but I've had it on for a good 5 or so days. This is the Maybelline Super Stay in the shade 'Golden Brown'. I don't know if I would say this lives up to it's 7 day claim, but it does do very well in the longevity department, and I would definitely recommend it. 



Homeware

I have a few favourites from this category. The first being this room scent from Marks and Spencers. As soon as I smelt it, it had to be mine. They do a whole collection in the scent, Neroli Lime and Basil, including oil diffusers and candles, but I went for the Room Spray as it was only £5. Admittedly, I only got this a few days ago, but as I'm already obsessed with it I thought I would include it. I know that Jo Malone are releasing a similar fragrance in September, which will be very tempting indeed.



Another thing I have been loving is having fresh flowers in my room. I bought this jar from Joy a little while ago, and I just think it adds a really nice edge.


Fashion

I have been getting into going to the gym recently, probably to destress from exams and other stuff, and I do like to look good whilst doing my work out. If you guys want to see a full post dedicated to what I wear or my work out routine then do let me know! But to represent all of this, I thought I would include these Nike Juvenate trainers, which I got for just £15 from the Nike store at York Designer Outlet - such a bargain.




Other

Music-wise, I've been loving the song Blame by Denai Moore, I would really recommend checking her out, this song has been on repeat ever since it popped up on my Discover Weekly.


I also watched the show Master of None on Netflix, and really enjoyed it. It's just one of those shows that's easy to watch, and is really funny as well. On the opposite end of the scale, I've been loving The Killing. I'm only on Season 1, but I don't know why I've never watched it before, as it's right up my street - I love a good crime-thriller. 

What have you been loving this month?

Votre Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment